Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 05, 2011

Brecken's First Birthday

I can't believe my baby just turned one. How the time flies. What a wonderful first year of life we celebrated. Brecken is such a sweet, sweet child. He has a gentle, lovable personality. He always has a smile for everyone and is just an all-around happy little guy. We love you Brecken!!

We celebrated Brecken's 1st birthday today. It was SUCH a wonderful day and a FUN party. I've been busy making applesauce with friends, Christmas presents and subbing at the local sports club the past two weeks but somehow, managed to pull together this fun little party for Brecken. My friends, Carley and Kendall helped make it a special day as well. Kendall made the beautiful party hat and tie onsie for Brecken. I LOVE them!! Carley, made the hanging poofs and lent me many items to help with the food service and signs. Thank you friends! I am so blessed! We had such a wonderful time with everyone who came. The children (all 10 of them!) did a great job playing together and I enjoyed fellow shipping with all of the adults.

I'll put all the party details at the bottom of the post if you're interested.

I was having issues with the photos so they're in no particular order and some that I wanted to include didn't get included. Here they are!



Some of our sweet friends.
Ellie

Kalli (She had just removed her hat)

Brooke

Evie

McKenna

Luke & Michelle

Jessica and Elaina
Brecken wearing his CUTE, cute shirt made with love by Kendall

Kendall, Jonahthan and Jared

Kalli




Our beautiful little family of four

I love the look on Brecken's face here.

Little McKenna
Our veggies and dip

Apples, two types of Pirate Booty, you can also see the crackers with cream cheese and pepper jelly on the right


Birthday banner I made using free printables
The four layer, very rich, white chocolate cake (with a layer of dark chocolate on top)

The buffet table

Grabbing the cupcake


He made short work of the cupcake and then got to eat some cake as well
Our blue/green party
Blue/Green Glass Jello

We had a beautiful snowfall during the whole party

Carley and little Lucy (a.k.a. Brecken's girlfriend)
Singing "Happy Birthday"


The drink corner


Food:
Peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches for the kids
Chicken & Cheese Pesto Paninis for the adults
Berry Grape Punch
Bottled Water
Cream Cheese and Pepper Jelly with Crackers
Animal Crackers
Apples
Veggies & Dip (Celery, carrots, tomato and ranch)
Veggie and White Cheddar Pirate Booty
Glass Jello
Chocolate Cupcakes
White Chocolate Cake
Sugar cookies for party favors


Decorations:
I mostly used what I had laying around the house and purchased a couple items at the thrift store.
Free birthday printables
Christmas lights
Helium balloons
Three green lanterns
Iron rocking horse
Wooden stars painted blue by Taeya
Milk vase with branches (I wanted to paint them silver but ran out of time)
Magnetic board with Brecken's birth announcement, our Christmas photo from last year and a photo of him about 6 months
Baby photo book
Matted photo of Brecken
Shaving mug with "B" filled with blue, green and brown M&M's
Blue and green streamers
Brecken's baby book
Blue, green and clear silverware
Green cellaphane bags for kids sandwiches with blue/green paper umbrellas

Favors:
Handmade beanbags made from re-purposed material (each child received 3) and we used these for games
Small toys and tattoos I found at the thrift store
Sugar cookie
Helium balloons



2 comments:

Dina said...

I wish I could be there! I miss you all so much!!! Brecken is soo big, I can't believe it. The party looks very fun! Love, Elisabeth.

Dina here, Megan! WOW!!! You did an awesome job on Brecken's first, special b.d. Loved seeing your new friends and your family pic. All of your details blessed me in the creative way I miss. Miss YOU! Dina

Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Thank you Elisabeth and Dina. We wish you were here as well. We used your fruit basket and the shaving cup with the "B" on it that you gave to Brecken at his baby shower.

Now to start planning Taeya's party...