Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Taro Flavored Boba Smoothies

Okay, if you're reading this blog and you have an opportunity, YOU MUST TRY ONE! I received my boba supplies the second night Sarah and Bekah were visiting. Of course, I opened it all right away (took pics for the blog) and got started making the boba so we could have smoothies that night. The boba takes awhile to cook. You need about 2 hours or so total for boiling, sitting in the pot, and sitting in the sugar water. When we had them, it was sooooo wonderful!!! I'm definitely glad I made this purchase. We had boba twice while Sarah was here and she liked it both times. I gave her some to take home for her and Chris. We'll see if Chris is brave enough to try it! If not, and you know Sarah, maybe you can convince her to share it with YOU...or at least let you smell it. :)

The second night we had boba I wasn't feeling super well so I only had a small amount of boba. There was a good amount left over after I had scooped Phil and Sarah generous portions. Phil and Sarah didn't want it to go to waste so they LOADED their cups with the rest of the boba and I daresay they had enough in their drink. The boba tends to make you much more full than just a regular smoothie. Enjoy the pics.

Since Sarah left, I haven't had the time/energy to make the actual boba but I have enjoyed a couple boba smoothies with Phil. Can I just say that I LOVE my Vitamix blender and that it was a great purchase! It makes the best smoothies.










The boba before it is cooked. It's dry and crumbles if you pinch it.




























Boba supplies. The purple powder is the taro flavor. I have two bags of fat straws and a HUGE bag of boba.
















The boba in the middle of cooking. It turns black and jellyish. It's not quite done here. You can see they're getting darker though.






















Sarah drinking her boba and playing Settlers.






















Me with my small amount of boba.




















Phil's drink LOADED with boba!


10 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like a drink I had in Missouri at a place called Lollicup - - - it was pretty good -

Becca Sports said...

Hmmm...that sounds interesting. I don't think that I've seen anything like that around here. it would be fun to try though. I hope you are feeling well! Only a few more days until you find out. :) Hopefully the baby will cooperate.

Sarah Kuhner said...

It was really yummy. I made some last night but Chris wasn't ready to try it. I didn't want to waste it so I loaded my cup again. Boy was I full after enjoying the boba. We will definitely have to serve it at your baby shower.

Georgia said...

so inspiring! i'm glad to hear that your homemade taro boba smoothies turned out great.

jenylu said...

What is boba??? I can't imagine your picky cousins giving it a try but I would be willing. :)

Anonymous said...

Megan, you are so funny with the boba. I can't believe you actually went and got some shipped to you! ha:) Well, it looks like you did a wonderful job making it. Now i was some too! Yummmmm!

L&D said...

Boba. Interesting. So is it a fruit? A bean? I'm quite intrigued with what you call Boba.....and why it's so good. Hmmmm.

Love the 20 week belly shot. You look freakin' fantastic!

L&D said...

OH, and PS...I'd like to put your blog on my links list. Hope that's ok.

Anonymous said...

hey megan, just wondering how everything with the pregnancy is going. Still feeling sick? I'm very curious as to what your having! The appointment is coming up soon, right?
-Rachel O

the e-wife, Karen said...

So funny! I decided to check out your blog after you posted a comment last night. I am SO into Boba and just yesterday went to a Thai market to look for it so I can make it. Can you let me know about where you get it? It's my dream to have a vita mix!! I am really fond of the matcha green tea boba that a local place has- even got one yesterday :-)
Karen (ewife)