Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 24, 2006

Home jiggity-jig

Well, after three long weeks away from home I am finally back in the comforts of my OWN home. I was originally supposed to be gone two to help my mom since she was having surgery, however, while I was up north, my Great Grandma Della went home to be with the Lord. I was thankful I went up to Santa Rosa/Redding when I did because I was able to celebrate her 96th birthday with her 1 week before she passed away. Although it was hard to be gone for such a long time, the Lord really worked the timing of everything out for the best.












Grandma Della on her 96th birthday


My Grandma Della was a wonderful lady who was loved by many and will be missed by all. She made things with her hands her whole life and was always giving things away. In the last 5 years of her life she made 390 baby quilts which she donated to the pregnancy crisis center for young mothers & babies. I loved Grandma dearly and I will miss her but I am happy to know that she is with her Savior and has a brand new body that will not break-down.










Grandma Della and I last Christmas


As I said before, it's wonderful to be home with Phil (and of course my kitty, Puma). I can't believe how fast summer has flown by!! I started swim lessons today (after many delays!) and they're going well. I only have 3 short weeks until school starts again. Sigh...although I'm excited about getting a new class I wish I had just a few more weeks of summer.










Here's a reason not to leave home for 3 weeks...three weeks of laundry piled up to fold (with Puma sitting on her favorite spot)!

:( I wanted to add some family pics...but it's not letting me...I'll have to try again later. Hopefully, now that I'm home my blogging will be a little more consistent. :)

3 comments:

Sarah Kuhner said...

I can't believe that pile of laundry. Is that all Phil's stuff or both of your clothes? It was so nice to see you and spend so much time with you. Got to get some more pictures up soon. Talk to you later.

Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

The majority is Phil's stuff but some of it is definitely mine too. He did 2 loads of laundry while I was gone (but didn't fold any of it!) Typical guys huh? ;)

Stephanie said...

Welcome back to blogland! I am sure it was a blessing to spend time with your family! Enjoy your time before school starts!