Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 12, 2007

Christmas Break

This post is dedicated to Rachel O as she became the squeaky wheel that restarted my blog. Sorry to all who read. I usually try to blog more frequently. I can't say I don't have time as an excuse as I still haven't returned to teaching from my winter break. I go back next Tuesday.

Here's a little update.

I taught until the Thursday before Christmas and used the remaining few days to catch up on shopping and Christmas errands. Phil and I were going to have to stay down in LA and not spend Christmas with family since Phil doesn't get a lot of time off of work. Everything was going great until about 2 am on Christmas Eve. I woke up with the stomach flu and was sicker than I have ever been with it before. After my body emptied itself of nearly all of my bodily fluids (or so it seemed) I could barely get out of bed on Christmas Eve. I opted to sleep in bed with my cell phone by my side as my caller for Phil. I didn't even have the energy to call out for him if I needed something. He took very good care of me and of course I called my mom and told her that I needed my mommy. Unfortunately, she couldn't make the trip but the talk was comforting.

Needless to say, Christmas day was spent by ourselves. We didn't go anywhere or see anyone. I was at least able to get out of bed but still didn't have energy to do much. Not the most thrilling Christmas ever but Phil and I had a nice quiet time.

After Christmas I got to work on my to do list. This included reading, cleaning, shopping and a few other odds and ends. On the 31st I drove up to my parents in Redding. They knew I was coming at some point to visit they just didn't know when. I called them when I was about half-way to let them know I would be there that night. I hadn't really set a time to leave so I neglected to call them because I didn't want to be rushed...I ended up rushing them to get ready. (Sorry Mom and Dad!)

My sister, bro-in-law and beautiful niece, Bekah, drove up to Redding on the first. All of us enjoyed a nice relaxing week talking, playing with Bekah and of course playing Settler's of Catan! Great game! Sarah and Chris purchased Seafarers, Cities and Knights and the expansions for us for Christmas. We are thuroughly enjoying them!

On Thursday, my mom helped me drive back to Southern Cal. She helped drive in the beginning and helped keep me awake in the end. It was a beautiful drive most of the way down but got pretty stormy going over the Grapevine. While at our place, Mom helped me refinish my sewing machine table. Thanks Mom! I'll have to post pics later. I haven't got any of the finished product yet.

After I dropped Mom off at LAX on Tuesday I decided to get my hair chopped...yes, not cut, chopped. Well, it's chopped. I really wanted a change and I got one. I don't really like it. I can live with it until it grows out but quite honestly, I wish I hadn't had so much cut off. But hey, I went with it and it's done. Now I just have to figure out how to keep it out of my eyes. It's about chin length with layers cut higher than that. Kind of makes my head look bigger and rounder.

Oh yeah! My mom got me started on a series called the Galway Chronicles by Bodie and Brock Thoene which I thuroughly enjoyed! I started them about a week and a half ago and just finished the last one today. (There are 4). Great books!

Well, other than procrastinating about my lesson plans for next week, that's about all I've been up to in the many weeks I haven't blogged. Hope all my readers are doing well. Sorry about the lack of pics this post. I'll try to do better next time! God bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you were feeling so sick! Glad Phil took good care of you. :)

Hey, we're going to go skiing at June Mountain Feb. 23 & 24th -- want to come join us? :)

Anonymous said...

Yay...An update from you guys! I was beginnning to get worried. :) So sorry you weren't feeling well...I was sick on Christmas too, with a cold. Not fun I tell you. Glad to hear that the rest of your break went well and you had a chance to spend time with family. That's always my favorite part of the holidays. :) Happy New Year.