Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Strawberry Shortcut-Race #2

On Father's Day, I ran the Strawberry Shortcut 5K with 2 of my friends, Tracy & Joy. Phil graciously got up extra early to cheer me on and watch Taeya during the race. Since this race was only a 5K (3.1 miles) I tried to push myself on my time. I averaged about a 10 minute mile. My goal was to finish around 30 minutes and I came in at 31:10. Not too bad. Tracy finished about 45 seconds ahead of me and Joy was just behind me (AND she's 3+ months pregnant!) Joy's husband, John, ran the 10K and finished about 58 minutes I think. We had a lot of fun and all went to a pancake breakfast that the Kwanis club puts on every year after the run.

Taeya and Melanie enjoying a snack together. Melanie's going to be two houses away from us once we move and I'm sure the girls will be spending lots of time together. :)

John & Joy. These are our friends who got us into our new home. We always have a great time hanging out with them. Joy, Megan & Tracy



We run quite often on Sunday afternoons. We might continue in the evenings as the days have been getting too warm to run.


Right before I finished the race.
.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That's so impressive that your friend is running when she's pregnant! Did you? I'm hiking and trying to walk often, but I can't even imagine running! :)

Shannon said...

good for you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Megan! Thanks for stopping into our blog. Eva does have Rotavirus! Thank you for prying for her! glad Taeya is over it.
Aimee