Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 04, 2007

Denver Rockies Game




On Saturday I had to work all day. However, Phil got free tickets to a Rockies game in Denver through his work. So....I worked most of the day and got off at 2:00. As many of you know, I was very sick on Thursday and Friday. I was a bit worried about going to Denver as I got sick at work a couple of times in the morning. However, when Phil and I left for the game at 2:00 I amazingly didn't get sick again until after we got home late Sunday evening! It was WONDERFUL!



My sweet and loving husband drove ALL THE WAY to Denver and ALL THE WAY home from Denver! He is so amazing. We really enjoyed the game and the Rockies won...yeah. They were playing against the Cincinatti Reds and they won 4-1. We were in the "home-run" zone across the field from 2nd base. I of course enjoyed some ice-cream while at the game (one of the only things I have eaten and not thrown-up yet). While we were at the game some really dark clouds rolled in. Thankfully, it only started to rain after we left. Notice the vetern seller with peanut earrings. He has been around a LONG time. Since we knew it was going to be a really late night if we drove all the way home, we opted to get a hotel in Denver. We stayed at a lovely Hampton Inn and Phil took me out for a baked potato at 10:00PM. I needed some real food as I didn't eat any at the game and potatoes sounded good to me. So, he lovingly drove me to a Wendy's we found nearbye and purchased a baked potato for me. I haven't had any really weird food cravies but I do think of foods I want to eat and then usually eat them pretty soon.



On the drive home, we stopped at the outlet mall in Siverthorn, CO. We had a nice time but I started feeling sick again about this time. It progressively got worse until we got home where I threw up for the first time since we went on our trip. All-in-all it was a GREAT trip! Enjoy the pictures.














6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like a fun trip - glad you were feeling better - potatoes were one thing I did great with during 1st trimester!!!!

The two love birds .. said...

Your lives are so full. Now Megan heed some good advice from your Uncle Dan and Aunt Rita. Your first few months are important months in the baby growing period and we encourage you to slow down and not do anything like that slide down the hill that you did a few weeks ago. Phil, you spend more time cuddling with that lovely wife of yours and keep the physical activities light. Gently bring your baby into the world, not with such a big bang!! Get lots of rest...Oh well, that's our loving concerns for your both. GOD BLESS

Anonymous said...

Megan I am so glad your sickness stayed away long enough for you to enjoy a day with your hubby! That game looks like SO much fun! Just last month, Michael and I went to a Phillies game... I've never been to a professional ball game....very fun! A LOT of walking, but very fun all the same :)
-Rachel O.

Becca Sports said...

What a fun weekend! I'm glad you didn't feel sick through the whole weekend.

Sarah Kuhner said...

You and Phil are so cute together. The pictures were darling and I really enjoyed them. Peanut earing guy was interesting. I'm glad that you felt so much better.

Anonymous said...

hey Megan, Don't forget you have a cousin north of Denver if you need anything. James lives in Longmont just of I25 north of Denver.
Aunt Roxanne