Well, I've seen this "6 Random Things" list floating around the blogs I frequently need so I knew I would probably get tagged at one point. I wondered what I would write if I was tagged but never actually got to thinking of specifics until I was tagged. :)
1. I can blow spit bubbles off of my tongue. This took some practice, specifically an entire trip back from Mexico to Santa Rosa, CA, but yes, I can blow actual spit bubbles off of my tongue and have them float threw the air similar to bubbles from a bubble wand. (On a side note...it works better at some times than others...your spit changes throughout the day). Many people think this is a gross talent but I think it's fun.
2. I am an avid snowboarder since my husband took me my first time our 2nd or 3rd week of dating back in 2001. I love to fly as fast as I can down the mountain but don't like going off large jumps because the landing is so much harder if I crash.
3. I have a cat, Puma, who plays fetch...again and again and again and again...you get the point. If I shoot hairties across the room she will bring them back over and over again. One time I counted and she brought it back 36 times in a row without me having to get up from my spot to take it from her. Pretty talented kitty huh? (I can't be proud of my kids because I don't have any so I have to be proud of my cat!)
4. I've had a liver disease since I was 10 years old. I take medicine for it but it doesn't really affect my daily life at this point.
5. I've taught swim lessons for 8 years...heading into my 9th year. I actually started because when I became a lifeguard the pool I worked at told me they would hire me if I would do a combination of 4 different jobs. I didn't want to at the time but needed a job so I started teaching swim lessons. Within a few years I learned that it was much better to teach independantly and I was able to basically pay my way through college. Now I just enjoy teaching kids in general so I continue.
6. My husband and I were truly made for each other. We have so many quirky things that we both agree on. Ie. we don't mind sleeping in sub-zero degree weather in our SUV so we can snowboard without having to pay for a hotel. We both don't like having a top sheet on our bed. We just have a duvet cover that we wash instead. There are many many more. I love Phillip and am glad that the Lord brought our paths together!
I tag: Sarah K, Julie in Germany, & Sarah M.