Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Less than a week until my other 1/2 moves


This month has FLOWN by! It was just 2 weeks and 3 short days ago that Phil and I found out we're moving to CO for sure! One week from today, Phil will be on his way to CO. Puma, my little cat, and I will remain behind to complete report cards (YIPEE!!!!! not!) and pack up the house. My cat hates going a block and a half to the vet. She cries, cowers and huddles in her little crate. I hope her little system will be able to handle moving to our friend's house for a week and a half in early April and the plane trip I am planning on taking her on.

I am so excited about the move to Colorado but I am also a bit anxious about being separated from Phil for 5 long weeks. I don't mind being by myself. It's just that I like to spend time with my husband and I will greatly miss him for that timeperiod.

5 comments:

L&D said...

Well they do say that absence makes the heart grow fonder....

But I can understand how you're anxious about the unknown. I'm sure you'll miss him terribly.

Best of luck on your move. A whole new chapter unfolds!

Also, that picture of the two of you is absolutely gorgeous. You guys look so great together. Happy report card writing.

jenylu said...

It's a good thing that you enjoy being together -- that's the glass half full view! :)

Maybe you can talk to the vet about some cat sleeping pills for the plane flight! :) Could be worse, it could be Jinx you were having to transport!

Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Jenylu-Lol...Jinx. I think Jinx would never let a human near him again if he were to fly on an airplane. I'm hoping Puma doesn't respond that way! Everywhere I've read says you should drug animals that are flying because the altitude can affect their breathing. I'm going to check with the vet.

Running-thanks. I just purchased my engagement pics/wedding pics so I'm excited about finally being able to use them!

Stephanie said...

We will be praying for you - Jeremy and I the distance thing for 2 years- so I know the being apart thing, but you will be so busy wrapping things up that time will fly - - - -that I can assure you. Know you are in our thoughts and prayers - may God bless your new adventure!

Sarah Kuhner said...

Hey Meg, every thing is moving so fast isn't it? I can't believe you will be in Col so soon. Hopefully the days will just fly by and maybe you can use this time to say goodbye to all your friends. Maybe do some fun girl things!! I can't wait to move there too and be so near to you.