Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Birthday Pictures

On Sunday I celebrated my 26th birthday. Am I that old already? We kept it pretty low-key but had a nice overall day. On Saturday, I asked Phil if he would help me make my birthday cake. We haven't made homemade birthday cakes for awhile and a Boston Cream Pie cake sounded really good. He agreed to help...the man is hardly ever in the kitchen (although he's been helping with dinners lately! yeah!) and he definitely NEVER bakes. We had a fun time making the 3 parts of the cake together. Although I definitely realize why it's usually ME in the kitchen by myself. Have you ever seen how a man leaves a kitchen when he's done with it? I've included a few pictures in case you were wondering. The cake was almost a flop because neither cake wanted to come out of the pan whole, the pudding center turned liquidy in the bowl and I had to reheat/rethicken it. At that point, I almost gave up. It was really cute though because Phil said, "Is it my fault?" I told him it wasn't. He then said, "It's okay, just blame me for ruining it." It wasn't his fault though. We managed to salvage the cake and we made the chocolate topping the next day. It tasted wonderful. We enjoyed it the night of my birthday and I took the left0ver to work where it disappeared within 15 minutes.








The day of my birthday, we went to church in the morning and then out to Chinese for lunch. We tried to pick up my nausea meds from the pharmacy but it was closed. Although I enjoyed my lunch, I didn't feel very good when we got home so I slept for a good part of the afternoon. I've been wanting to go walking down by the river in Glenwood so we did that in the evening. The weather was beautiful and we enjoyed the little park that we had never been to before.






For dinner, we found this little diner and the food and prices were great. We will definitely be going back again!




14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm so sorry I missed it, I guess after all these years, I've forgotten the day! Now I know :) Thanks for the pics looks like you had fun!
-Rachel O

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! Welcome to 26! Sounds like I got there just 2 days before you did. :) We're birthday buddies!

Sarah Kuhner said...

That Boston Cream Pie looked soo yummy! I haven't had that for so long. Happy Birthday again. I can't believe you are 26. It just makes me realize that I am getting old. Any way, can't wait to see you.

the Indian woman said...

Happy B'day!!! That sounds like fun baking time together. But I know what you mean about the kitchen after men cook :) I still haven't baked a cake yet since being married :(

The Westerfield Family said...

Megan,
Happy Birthday! Also, I'm really late on this one, but a HUGE congratulations on your pregnancy. I lost the link to your blog until you posted on Becca's page, so I just now found out that you are expecting. I am so incredibly happy for you both!!! Children are such an amazing blessing from the Lord and you are in for an exciting chapter of your life. Hope you are doing well! ~Sarah

Amanda said...

And happy birthday to you too! You look beautiful!!!

Anchoring for my Soul said...

Happy Birthday, Megan! Congrats on a girl! I'm kind of hoping to have a girl too but I'll be happy either way. Looks like you had fun on your birthday. Hang in there with the nauseousness:)I was nauseous this morning before work because I didn't eat anything.

jenylu said...

Happy Birthday -- it does seem hard to believe you're 26 already!!Where did the time go???

Renelle Davis said...

Hope you had a VERY Happy birthday!! Looks like you guys have some amazing surrounding there in CO. I'm jealous!! Hang in there w/ the feeling yucky. Just remember, it's only for 9 monhts...max. I hope you'll start feeling better soon! :)

Drama Queen said...

I love boston cream pie

Drama Queen said...

Oh, and make sure to name your baby after me

JENN said...

Happy Birthday old roomie :)
I really didn't expect YOU to grow up too! I know I'M 26, but somehow I thought you weren't there yet ;). God has been so gracious to you and you have blessed many others in turn. Many happy returns of the day, and the year!

The two love birds .. said...

Phil & Megan

You both seem to find fun in everything you do. We so miss you both and are grateful for all that you share in your BLOG. Distance seems not so large a obstacle to our communication and keeping up with your lives. Families used to be lost without regular visits but this is really a good use of the internet, right. GOD BLESS

The two love birds .. said...

Oh and Happy Birthday Megan...