Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Photo Book



I am one of those individuals who loves to take digital photos but never prints them. I am so behind on my scrapbooking that I don't know if I'll ever get caught up. I have half of my high school and half of my college albums finished. Sarah and I were going to scrapbook when she was out here visiting. She did...I looked through my scrapbook but was prettymuch too overwhelmed to do anything about it. I have however, found how I want to scrapbook in the future. Last year, I got an ad for a free Shutterfly photobook if I ordered a couple of photos from them. I did and ended up creating a photobook of our honeymoon. It turned out beautifully and was very clean and simple which is how I like things to be. Well, I just got another ad for a free photobook from shutterfly so I decided I would use it for a wedding album. When we got married, I made sure to get a really good photographer because I love professional pictures. I had an album created at that time but it holds relatively few photos and I picked all of the formal shots of Phil and I, our family and the wedding party for that album. There wasn't really room for the ceremony and all the special moments of the day. Well, I spent the past 2 days creating another wedding album and I am so excited about getting it in the mail. I think it will turn out really nice. I added extra pages this time so I had to pay for that. However, today I opened my email and they had free shipping for the next 3 days so I would have gotten my book completely free if I hadn't added those extra pages. If you've never tried to create a photobook online, I would encourage it because once you know what you're doing, it's super easy to add, crop, and edit photos in the book. You end up with a beautifully bound book that can be treasured for years to come.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan, those pics are gorgeous! I remember seeing your album online, the professional picture looked great. I as well am very into scrapbooking, I love it. I have way too many supplies though, and they all get so mumble jumbled all the time, I need to be more organized!!! Good luck with your scrapbooking!
-Rachel O.

L&D said...

I'm a fellow scrapbooker.....who is also about a year and a half behind. Yikes. But there is the legitimate excuse that a person must be inspired to be motivated. And I lack inspiration right now. That's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it.

The pics truly are beautiful. What a gorgeous bride you were. And now you're an even more beautiful mom-to-be.

jenylu said...

I think I might follow your lead with a bok in timne for Johnny's graduation! How do I get on the mailing list for those coupons? :)

Shannon said...

I love the photos. Beautiful bride!!


I haven't gone through shutterfly yet. Winkflash has some really good photobook deals right now and I was thinking of doing that.

Do you get a bonus for getting friends to sign up through shutterfly? If so, toss them my email. :)