Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 28, 2007

Oh So Sick...

Warning: This is primarily a complaining post.

Last night I woke up at 1:30 AM with acid reflux. Ended up throwing up dinner around 2:00 AM. I tried to go back to sleep but it wouldn't come. I was up and down until 4:30 AM where I finally fell back to sleep. I called into work at 2:00AM and let them know I'd be a bit late in the morning. I got up when Phil woke up and left for work. I got pulled over on the way to work (yeah, it hasn't been a great day/night) for going 39 miles/hr in a 25 zone. THANKFULLY, the officer was very nice and let me off with a warning. I was literally following the pace of two other cars and didn't realize my speed was too "fast". (The speed limits here in CO tend to be rediculous). I got to work not feeling too badly. It's been a super slow day today...as in hardly any appointments and practically no phone calls (which is why I'm blogging at work). However, my stomache has slowly been getting worse and worse. I'm now feeling absolutely miserable but there's not much I can do about it. I took both Tums and my Zofran to try to calm my tummy. I am so thankful that I have the weekend off. I'm going to need it! I have a women's brunch with church tomorrow that I'm going to try to make it to. We'll see if I'm up to it.

On a brighter note, I have been hunting hard for an affordable used glider/ottoman. Living in Western CO there's not a whole lot of options for used rockers. I've been searching ebay and craigslist but the only ones I could find were in California and it was going to be too difficult to transport it out to me. Yesterday, I was on my lunchbreak and went to a consignment shop downtown when I saw a beautiful white glider and ottoman that looked brand new. The material is a bit crazy but in beautiful condition. They had just received it and it wasn't even priced yet. I got it for a great deal and was so excited! It's super comfy and will be perfect for the nursery. I don't mind leaving the material but we'll see if my mom wants to help me recover it. There's no way I could do it on my own!

1 comment:

Elisha said...

I'm sorry you were so sick. I hope you're feeling better...I learned how to drive in Glenwood, no wonder people were so angry with me when I moved to CA, I drove SO slow and thought you Californians were crazy. Now when I'm back home in CO I'm considered one another crazy CA driver! I'm so happy you found the glider you were looking for. It sure can be difficult there. Thankfully you're not in Meeker though!

Has it started snowing yet?

You mentioned your church, what church are you going to? How do you like it?

~Elisha