Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Midas Touch

Well folks. Although I hinted at giving you the story of Phil's and my first date, I think I'm going to hold off for the time being. We went on our first date ever to "Fall Thing" at TMC. "Fall Thing" is the casual, inexpensive themed party that is thrown for Master's kids every year in...the Fall. Hence, Fall Thing.

Our second Fall Thing was a Hollywood theme. Phil and I always wanted to have a creative costume if we were going to go to a themed party. We thought and thought about what we could do for a Hollywood theme that wouldn't cost us a lot but that would be interesting. We decided to dress as the Oscars. Yes, that's right folks. Our plan was to paint ourselves and our clothing solid gold. We used 8 cans of spray paint to paint all of our clothing. When we tried the gold face paint it looked green next to our gold clothes so we wiped it off and used our gold hairspray to paint our faces, hair, hands and necks. (You have to hold your breathe while the other person sprays...there's a technique to it). Anyways, we ended up at the Fall Thing leaving a little gold trail behind on everything we touched. We had a great time and ended up winning something like "Most Creative Costume." We won a gift certificate to a restaurant as a result of our efforts. Altogether, it was an evening well-spent. So, if you're ever feeling creative and have a Hollywood party to go to, you know what you can go as.
I still have the gold shoes which I wear to school on our Red/Gold spirit days. :)

8 comments:

jenylu said...

Very creative and oh so cute!

Abby said...

Ahhh masters. Thanks for reminding me and thanks for the awesome photoshop offer. I think I'll pass just because I have an adobe program that I can't even figure out yet and a kid that keeps me always behind as well. It's great to hear from you! Glad to see you guys are so happy. I'm sure we'll bump into each other more offwen now in blog land.
Abby

Julie said...

Wow! Gotta say, that is definitely creative!!

Renelle Davis said...

Totally awesome...like Julie said...so very creative! You guys look pretty good in gold!! :) Hope you are feeling better Megan, and say HI to Phil for us!

Stephanie said...

That is awesome Megan - and brave! What fun and how creative! Cute pics!

Sarah Kuhner said...

You guys are perfect for each other. I loved the pictures. You had told me about it but I don't think I ever got the full effect with the pictures. I bet it took awhile to get your hair back to normal. Fun times.

Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Actually, the gold just washed off really easily. Didn't leave any residue or anything. I agree that we are perfect for each other!

The two love birds .. said...

Wow ... I wish we were young so we could do things like you guys do. You really had a fun time in your lives!