Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 08, 2006

Pedicure & Back to School


Well, yesterday was Back to School Night. Although I wasn't that nervous about meeting the parents, I guess the stress leading up to it really got to me. Last May my name was drawn at school to receive a pedicure at Glen Ivy Spa. I, being one who doesn't like to spend a lot of money on myself, have never before had the pleasure of a pedicure. I chose to use it yesterday, before Back to School Night, to help me relax and feel a little less stressed. It was WONDERFUL. Not only do my toes look better than they have in my entire life, I enjoyed 50 minutes having my feet & toes buffed, soaked, scrubbed, clipped, painted, trimmed and massaged. Wow. Definitely a treat. Although I thoroughly enjoyed it and would highly recommend it, I don't know when or if I'll next be persuaded to actually pay for a pedicure.

With that said, Back to School Night went well. I believe I said most of what I needed to say and hopefully got my points across. I was definitely nervous and spoke WAY too quickly. There were a few times I actually had to stop to literally catch my breath. Whew. I didn't feel nervous but I think maybe it was the pressure of having 30-40 adults (most of whom Ive never met) staring at me in such close proximity that made me sound so nervous. Anyways, I'm glad it's over. Now, I just have to prepare for my PPP a week from Monday!

3 comments:

jenylu said...

Pedicures ARE pretty nice, aren't they. I too have never actually paid for one, but enjoyed thoroughly the two my mom sprang for. :)
So what is a PPP? Enquiring minds want to know.

Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Okay okay! I'll tell you already. :) I don't know exactly what PPP stands for in the first place which is why I didn't say what it was in the first place. A PPP is where I meet with the principal and explain my yearly plans, goals, block-plans (how I am planning on addressing the standards throughout the whole year) etc. It will end up being about 5-10 pages when complete. It's not the meeting I'm worried about, just all the work preparing for it.

Stephanie said...

Megan,

I am praying for you! That is something I have not ever done at the schools I have been at - - -

As for the pedicure thing - they are FABULOUS!!!!!!!! Just every now and then treat yourself - teaching can be stressful and it is amazing what doing something like that to relax for yourself can do. And I just love how my feet look and feel afterwards.

Have a great week!