Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Personal Goal

One of my good friends here in CO asked me last month on January 21st if I'd like to do a 10K run with her. I said, "Sure, what's involved. How far is a 10K?" That was the beginning of our conversation and that night I started running. I've been a member of a gym since August (I joined so that I could teach my swim lessons in their pool). However, I never made use of the actual gym since Taeya isn't big enough for their childcare (has to be over a year AND walking...she qualifies for the first now but is still not walking). Since the gym is a town away from where I live, it made it more challenging to want to go workout.

Anyways, since Kristi asked me to run the 10K and I agreed to do it with her, I HAVE been running and the biggest plus is that I'm finally getting in better shape than I've been in for a very long time. I have a long ways to go but I'm excited about this challenge and glad I have a friend to encourage me along the way.

We'll be running in the Boulder, Boulder on Memorial Day and for those of you who might ask, a 10K is the equivalent to approximately 6.2 miles. I used to do cross country in high school but I don't know if I ever ran 6 miles all at once. I wouldn't consider myself a natural runner. However, I'm motivated and I'm excited about participating.

Three cheers to my first race!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peace be with you

Anchoring for my Soul said...

That's great, Megan, that you've made that goal for yourself! Once you have a good pace down you'll not want to stop. Taeya is so cute. We miss you guys. Can't wait to hear how the big run goes.

Becca Sports said...

Good job Megan! I loved running in the 10k I did last year (well, after it was over). :) I'm trying to get in shape to do the same thing this year (a 10K). I might try for a 1/2 marathon as well, but we have to see how much time I have and if my body will keep up. :)

Becca Sports said...

Good job Megan! I loved running in the 10k I did last year (well, after it was over). :) I'm trying to get in shape to do the same thing this year (a 10K). I might try for a 1/2 marathon as well, but we have to see how much time I have and if my body will keep up. :)

Cierra Pera said...

Crazy woman! I HATE running! Wish I didn't though... more power to you!!