Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 01, 2009

A Wonderful Day


Since living in CO, I have not been able to snowboard very much. Phil and I used to go many weekends during the winter when we lived in CA. However, since I was pregnant last year, had a baby in December, was nursing and recovering from a c-section, I was unable to snowboard except once near the end of the season. Last year, we went to Sunlight, a small local resort, on a very warm 50 degree day. It was nice but nothing like what I experienced yesterday.
Phil and I enjoyed a beautiful day at Vail Ski Resort. We were on the mountain by 9:15 am and didn't leave until 3:45. The mountain is HUGE and we enjoyed covering a lot of terrain. We enjoyed hanging out with just the two of us. Taeya had a fun day at our friends' home where Annie babysat her all day. Although I missed my sweet little baby, I really enjoyed the special time to spend with Phil. I kept telling him all day what a great time I was having. It was absolutely perfect and SO MUCH FUN to be back doing something I enjoy so much but seldom get to do anymore.

3 comments:

Sarah Kuhner said...

I'm so glad you got to go. Looks like fun!

Julie Danielle said...

What a fun day!!!

lauriejr said...

I am so glad that you and Phil are taking time away and just being a couple. You need this even when you love your little one soooooooooo much. It looks like fun. I wish I could have skied or snowboarded, but I guess I have to wait until glory! I really wish I was around the corner to help take care of the little one. I already miss Taeya. We have to Skype one of these days