Monday, January 07, 2008

Home Again Home Again...

Megan, waiting in the ER on Friday

Mom, Phil and Taeya also waiting in the ER room with Megan

A photo moment at home.

Taeya's been giving lots of these adorable smiles...especially after she eats.
Well, Phil, Taeya and I are all back home safe and sound. If you couldn't tell from my lack of posts the past few days, I decided that I was well enough to go to Denver. Although I have experienced pretty constant pain since Thursday, sitting up and laying on my left side are the only two positions comfortable for me at this time. Today, the pain seems to be easing a little bit. I did go in for the ultrasound today as the pain moved more to the front of my rib-cage over the weekend. The doctor looked at the scans and said everything looks fine with my gallbladder. He still thinks what I have is pleurisy which usually lasts 10-14 days. Hopefully, it clears up soon as it's frustrating not to be able to take a full breath due to pain.

Our trip to Denver was WONDERFUL. It is amazing how the Lord works. Phil's mom was originally scheduled to fly out Saturday AM at 6:00Am but due to her first plane delay getting into CO they had rescheduled it for about 3:45 pm on Saturday instead. We left on Saturday morning with what we thought would be plenty of time to get to the airport. After only being on the road for 15 minutes, Phil's sister called and said that Grandma's flight had been rescheduled by the airlines for Sunday afternoon! Since we had Phil's work party to go to and a free hotel stay that night, we kept going to Denver. Now, Phil's mom could babysit Taeya as well! She was excited to be Taeya's first babysitter. :) She thuroughly enjoyed her extra time with us and especially Taeya due to the plane change. Oh, and due to snow in the mountains, it took us about 2 x's as long to get to Denver as we thought it would. We would have gotten her to the airport about 3 hours after her flight left if it hadn't been rescheduled. God is so good!

Mom ended up flying out on Sunday afternoon. She was routed through Chicago. Unfortunately, when she got there she was reshuffled about 6 more times before finally making it on a plane to home. Poor Mom! She finally arrived back in VA about 12 hours after taking off from Denver. We hope she's able to get a lot of rest this week.

Other than 3 doctor appointments on Wednesday, I am planning on taking it easy this week and resting a lot. Maybe I'll finally get around to writing my thank you notes as well. :)

Oh, one other thing. When we were in Denver, I wanted to get Taeya's pictures done as we don't have a place in our area to get her baby photos done. I looked up two places in the phone book at the hotel but wasn't sure where they were located or if we could get an appointment. On our way to drop mom at the airport, I saw the JCPenny's I had looked up on the side of the freeway. It was only about 15 minutes away from the airport! So...we stopped and that's where Taeya and I said goodbye to Mom. We got some beautiful pictures of her which I will share when we get the online link. They're so cute! I can't wait to get the ones we ordered.

It was funny, while Mom was here, she couldn't believe how much Phil has changed and grown in the past two years. She said many times how much he reminded her of her brother, Jack. We were so happy she was able to visit and can't wait for our other family to meet our little one.

Phil and Megan all dressed up for the work party.

Grandma was holding Taeya when all of a sudden she felt something really warm on her lap. She said, "Taeya, did you just pee on me?" She had! Her diaper had slipped off and Grandma ended up wearing most of it. So, she got to give Taeya a bath in the hotel sink. Taeya really enjoyed the bath from Grandma until it was time to get out and she got cold.

Grandma enjoyed holding Taeya as often as she could while visiting. She too was amazed at what a good baby Taeya has been.

Phil and Mom as we ate breakfast in a really yummy restaurant in Denver.

Getting ready to say goodbye in the JCPenny's photo studio.


jenylu said...

I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling good!

You look great and of course Taeya is just adorable!! :)

SJ said...

Hope you are feeling better. That is great Phil's mom got to come visit - looks like you all had a great time. I told Sarah I was amazed they let you bring Tayea to the ER with you - I had to go to the ER two days after coming home and they wouldn't let me bring Allie. She is certainly a traveling kid.

Praying you are soon better!