Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day Tribute

I am so blessed.

My Lord and Savior, my heavenly father, you've granted me the greatest gift of all-Salvation through the sacrifice of Your Son. You love me with an unconditional love and care for all my needs. You have blessed me in so many ways especially with the family You have given me here on Earth.












Dad, you are the most wonderful father I could ever have hoped for. You are a role model of what a daddy should be. You have always loved me, provided for me, and made me feel valuable and cared for. You've always been willing to get down on the ground and play with Sarah and me when we were little even after a hard day of work. It is such a joy to watch you now play with and love your grandchildren. I love your goofiness and the many games of cribbage we've played together. I love that you and Mom taught us about the Lord and prayed for us as we grew into adulthood. I love remembering the times you would take me with you on service-calls and you'd always have something for me to do whether it be organizing your toolbox or helping you in some little way. I fondly remember the tire swings you built for us and the science projects you helped us create. Thank you for the time you invested into me as it is part of what made me the woman I am today. You are a strong and gentle daddy and I'll always be your daddy's little girl.






Phil, I am so happy that you are now a daddy. I have loved seeing your face light up when you see Taeya after a long day of work and I love to see her search the room for you when she hears your voice and the huge smile that follows when she finds your face. She's definitely Daddy's little girl! You are a wonderful father and I'm excited to watch your relationship with Taeya grow and blossom as she continues to grow. Thank you for the dirty diapers you have changed and the moments you have taken care of Taeya when I have needed a break. Thank you for the walks that you have gone on with Taeya and I and the care you show for her needs. I know you have so much to teach Taeya and so many dreams for her. I am sure that you will spoil her in ways that only a daddy can. I pray that your relationship with Taeya will continue to develop and grow stronger over the years. You are a wonderful daddy!







And finally, Dad Z, I am thankful that through marrying Phil I was blessed with another set of loving parents. Thank you for your love for Phil, myself and now, Taeya. I feel as much a part of your family as if it had always been my family. Why else would I still marry Phil after you and he tied me up with seran-wrap and sprayed me with the hose at 3:00 in the morning? (No, I'll never let either of you forget that!) I am so thankful that you not only were able to be at our wedding but that were the one that officiated our union. It meant so much to us that you were the one that married us. I have no fear of spending time and visiting with my in-laws. It is always a blessing spending time with you. I am so glad all of you were able to come visit at the end of May. It was so refreshing being able to spend quality time with family once again. It is fun seeing you in the role of grandpa and your tenderness towards Taeya. How I wish we lived closer to both you and my own family. Maybe someday we will, Lordwilling. Thank you for being a part of my life and for being my other Dad.

4 comments:

Sarah Kuhner said...

That was a very sweet father's day tribute. I know each daddy will get tears in their eyes reading your blog today.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Megan, for the special message you sent to me for Father's Day. It meant a lot to me to know that I had a positive impact in your life and the life of your sister. I enjoyed very much the times I took you along on service calls when you were younger. However, I did learn very quickly NOT to take both you and Sarah at the same time. If either of you got bored, you would start annoying the other and I had to shift gears from "Appliance Repairman" to "Referee".
That wasn't so good.
I loved being your Daddy, and I will always cherish the memories we made together as a family.
Your PaPa

jenylu said...

What sweet tributes. You and Taeya are blessed to have these men in your life and they are very blessed to have you two!

Terry said...

Those were very sweet comments.
We feel very lucky and blessed to have you as a daughter as well.